What do you need?
- 1 packet Holy Berry – Açai & Guarana, defrosted
- 100 grams 70%+ chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 75 grams qualitative peanut butter or hazelnut spread
- 60 ml skimmed milk or vegetable alternative
- Pinch of salt
- A few drops of liquid sweetener, to taste
How do you make it?
Melt the chocolate together with the peanut butter or hazelnut spread au bain-marie. Remove from the heat and stir in the thawed Açai, 60 ml (vegetable) milk, and a small pinch of salt. Make sure you get a well-mixed homogeneous mass. Taste and add liquid or natural sweetener to taste. Divide into jars that you can seal tightly and leave to set in the fridge.
You can keep the sealed chocolate spread in a cool place for about two weeks.
- You can let the packet of Açai & Guarana thaw in the fridge or put it in lukewarm water until it has melted.
- For this recipe, you can also use a packet of Holy Berry Açai – Special Grade but then you better add 2 tablespoons of sweetener in the form of agave, maple syrup,…
- Or replace the packet Açai & Guarana also by 100g Holy Berry – Açai berries
Recipe compiled by sports dietitian and chef Ien Vitse of Food For Athletes. www.foodforathletes.be
Photo: The Fresh Light www.thefreshlight.com