Now, this is what they call “pure power”! The combination of coconut oil and açai makes this an extremely nourishing smoothie, with a very gradual supply of energy. Ideal to get through the day without dips and very beneficial for the body. The healthy fats are essential for a healthy metabolism and hormonal balance, but the hair and skin also benefit from them!
What do you need?
- 1 bag Holy Berry – Açai & Guarana, frozen
- 100 grams of berries such as strawberry, raspberry, blueberry,…, frozen
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 300 ml cold coconut water, vegetable milk, or fruit juice
- 20 ml aloe vera juice (optional)
How do you make it?
“Simple comme bonjour!” All you need is a blender or stand mixer, a pot, and the ingredients. Pour everything together and mix! Deliciously fresh and best enjoyed with a straw!
- The packet of Açai & Guarana is hard when you take it out of the freezer. Therefore take it out of the freezer about five minutes before preparing it or your blender could have a hard time. You can also hold the packet under lukewarm running water for a few minutes.
- You can also use a packet of Holy Berry Açai – Special Grade for this recipe but then it is best to add a tablespoon or 2 of sweetener in the form of agave, maple syrup,… to the recipe.
- Or replace the packet of Açai & Guarana by 100g Holy Berry – Açai berries.
Credits for this beautiful photo go directly and unabashedly to the fabulous Olivia Behaegel of Fitfoodness. Her blog is full of little gems of dishes, driven by a never-ending passion for food and its styling!