This smoothie is packed with antioxidants including anthocyanins. These protect cells from cell damage (a little damage is normal, too much is not good!). Açai is one of the biggest sources of these antioxidants but other berry types are top sources too! The turmeric and ginger in this recipe are welcome extras that you will not taste but oh so healthy. Your body will thank you enormously!
What do you need?
- 100g Holy Berry – Açai berries, slightly defrosted
- 100g berry mix, frozen or fresh
- 100g mango, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh turmeric or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cider vinegar, optional
- Pinch of pepper
- Vegetable milk of choice
How do you make it?
Allow the frozen ingredients to thaw briefly, otherwise, the mixing will be difficult. Next, combine all ingredients in a blender or blend with a hand blender. Add milk until completely liquid. Drink fresh!
You can replace the 100g Açai berries with 1 Açai pulp pack of your choice. If you use pure Açai pulp, possibly add a tablespoon of natural sweetener like agave, maple syrup,…