This is what they call; Açai fine dining! This beautiful dish shows how the Açai berries can be processed into the finest dishes. Try and be surprised by this inspiring recipe, created by lady chef Tina of Lepelblad restaurant in Ghent.
What do you need for the ice cream?
- 500ml buttermilk
- 250ml cream 40%
- 50g glucose
- 150g of sugar
- 2 gelatine sheets, soaked in cold water
- 1/2 packet Holy Berry – Acai & Guarana, defrosted
- 500g peeled and cooked beet
Place the buttermilk, whipping cream, sugar, and glucose in a saucepan. Bring to a boil until the sugars have melted. Meanwhile, blend the cooked beets into a smooth puree. If necessary, add some of the cooking liquid. Mix the acai, beet puree, and gelatin into the buttermilk mixture. Cool and turn into ice cream in the ice cream machine.
What do you need for the verbena & agastache sugar?
- 100g of sugar
- 1 handful lemon verbena leaves
- 1 handful agasatache leaves
Place the sugar in a blender along with the spices. Blend for a moment until the sugar turns a light green color.
- You can replace the herbs with e.g. mint, lemon balm, basil. Delicious with blackcurrants, redcurrants, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, rhubarb, or apple.
- You can replace the packet Açai & Guarana with 50g Holy Berry – Açai berries.
Special thanks to Tina for this great little recipe and the beautiful photo!