OOOOOOOH yes, this is the clash of two superfood titans! This delicious salad is proof that açai can also be perfectly used in savory dishes. The combination of feta, grapes, and açai may raise many eyebrows but we promise you it’s worth a try!
What do you need?
For the salad (4 people):
- 300g uncooked quinoa
- 1 large bunch of grapes
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 cucumber
- 150g sunflower seeds or walnuts
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- A handful of parsley or mint
- 200g feta cheese cut into cubes
For the Açai dressing:
- 1 pack of Holy Berry – Açai & Guarana, defrosted
- 4 tbsp olive oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp qualitative jam (preferably unsweetened and
- with strawberry)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of cayenne pepper
How do you make it?
Cook the quinoa in a small gallon of well-salted water until al dente. Cool briefly in the refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients. Cut the grapes into slices and make sure the seeds are out. Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the fruit. Make sure there are no white membranes left because they give a bitter taste! Cut the cucumber lengthwise in half, remove the inner flesh, and cut into cubes. Chop the walnuts into pieces (if you use sunflower seeds you do not need to do this). Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and chop the spring onion and parsley or mint. Crumble the feta cheese and season with pepper and some olive oil. Put everything together in a large pot, large enough to be able to stir everything once the dressing goes on top.
Next, make the dressing by adding all the ingredients together and whisking well. You may need a little more or less dressing, this is entirely to your own taste!
You can perfectly add a piece of fish, chicken, or meat but this salad can also be served as a vegetarian dish!
1. You can also use a packet of Holy Berry Açai – Special Grade for this recipe but then it is best to add a tablespoon or 2 of sweetener in the form of agave, maple syrup,… to the recipe.
2. Or replace the packet of Açai & Guarana with 100g Holy Berry – Açai berries.