Fancy something tasty, warm, and healthy to start the day? Look no further! We have the recipe for a super nutritious and delicious start to the day! And don’t worry, you don’t have to get out of bed any earlier!
What do you need?
- ½ sachet Holy Berry – Açai & Guarana – defrosted
- Oatmeal flakes (amount depends on your hunger and schedule)
- (Vegetable) milk such as coconut milk, almond milk,… until oatmeal is nicely coated
- ½ apple, fresh and chopped
- ½ ripe banana, fresh and chopped
- 1 tsp flaxseed, chia, or other seed mixture
- A pinch of cinnamon or cocoa powder
- Sweeten to taste with quality honey, maple syrup, agave, coconut sugar.
- Your favorite granola and a few slices of kiwi to finish
How do you make it?
Put all ingredients except the apple pieces and half a bag of melted açai in a saucepan over low heat. Once this has become a creamy mass add the chunks of frozen açai pulp and the pieces of fresh apple. Leave it on the fire for a little longer (do not let it boil!) so that the açai is also well absorbed. Delicious to finish off with a few slices of kiwi and for some extra crunch with chopped nuts or granola!
- You can also use a packet of Holy Berry Açai – Special Grade for this recipe but then it is best to add a tablespoon or 2 of sweetener in the form of agave, maple syrup,… to the recipe.
- Cut the frozen bag of Açai in half and put the other half back in the freezer OR put the rest of the bag of Açai in the fridge for later in the day -> Attention; Once the bag has been opened, consume the same day!
- You can also replace the sachet Açai & Guarana by 100g Holy Berry – Açai berries.
Credits for this beautiful photo go directly and unabashedly to the fabulous Olivia Behaegel of Fitfoodness. Her blog is full of little gems of dishes, driven by a never-ending passion for food and its styling!